Media Bay Right Hand Side Questions

Some things I am trying to figure out about media bay, right hand side. I have done google searches and looked at some youtube, but have not found these answers.

Is there any way to configure the “icons” that show on the top of the media bay? It has four icons and wastes lots of screen space. I would like to add “shortcuts” to content that I want to refer to.

Similar question on the Loops and Samples page. Looks like it only shows Steinberg packs, or whatever they are called. Is there a program I can use to package some of my other samples into this pack format so I could show it here.

I got into the f5 media bay window and add my own directories, they show up in a drop down list. There is all sorts of metadata that is not filled in for my own content. Is there a way, or a program, to add this metadata? At the very least, it would be nice if the subdirectories could be considered meta-data in these categories.

On the right hand side, there doesn’t appear to be any way to navigate to my added content other than ‘show all items’ and use the drop down.

If the right hand side can’t be customized to facilitate using non Steinberg content, its looking to me to be consuming screen space with little benefit, and its easy enough to hit f5 as need be. But it seems like it could be a nice tool if it wasn’t so constrained. Any answers, or reference to documentation that explains this, are appreciated. I read some about it in the operations manual, but I didn’t see where it touched on customizing the media bay right hand side.

I am using express version, in case there are differences among product tiers.

Shortcuts i think is not possible. You can toggle up the specific window section at the icon on the bottom left.

Similar question on the Loops and Samples page. Looks like it only shows Steinberg packs, or whatever they are called. Is there a program I can use to package some of my other samples into this pack format so I could show it here.

Basically when you start the MediaBay at first, it is showing the native Steinberg Samples of their own Collections. But this is only one path in the File Directory of your current Configuration. Look for the Path of your Computer/ Operating System and than select the folders you want to scan.

I got into the f5 media bay window and add my own directories, they show up in a drop down list. There is all sorts of metadata that is not filled in for my own content. Is there a way, or a program, to add this metadata?

You can type in the metadata-objects of your choice in the corresponding Metadata-Menu.