Media Bay Struggles

I don’t know about you guys, but I struggle mightily with media bay. It all just seems like such a mess to me. I would love to be able to right-click to add a track from a preset and have a list of MY saved presets pop up. I first discovered this feature in Reaper. It’s just so quick and easy.

Cubase makes me meander through the media bay and I suspect nearly everyone knows what a slog that can be. I keep thinking there’s an efficient way to navigate media bay but I’ve yet to find it. Maybe I just need to spend more time learning the ins and outs, but honestly, it just seems beyond redemption to me. Surely there’s a better way to do this.

What do you guys think?

-Rich

I am not an expert on media bay, but I did hate it for a while, which I believe qualifies me to answer your question.

One thing you could do is add your name, or whatever alphanumeric string, in a field in the attribute inspector for each of your presets, then you could sort using it.

Isn’t “From track preset” a menu from the right click on the project track area? I’ve confused host features the last couple of days … so I’m avoiding the “it does” statement.

Also, you can batch mark your own presets to make them easier to find as Steve suggested. You don’t have to do them 1 at a time.

Also, I believe you can simply open the Location Tree pane and select the folder “User Content”

and the channel edit window ,so there are a lot more choices than ( cough cough ) …the other one

I love MediaBay, especially compared to Ableton’s browser. I guess it’s mostly personal preference, but I don’t think the file browser could’ve been done any better.

I also like media bay, but would love if steinberg could make it standalone, so for sorting samples you wouldn´t have to open full C7, also integrated plugin manager in media bay.