MediaBay File Browser creating folders

MediaBay’s left side File Browser section, where all the volumes I’ve chosen for audio samples, keeps creating an empty folder of the Cubase project I’m working on, and it keeps creating and creating and creating it to the point where there are hundreds of the same folder. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? I posted about this a few days ago, no reaction by anyone.

Sounds strange. Are you on Mac or Windows? Care to post a screenshot of what that looks like?

MacStudio (M2 Max) using the latest Cubase update

My Cubase project name is EVERGREEN and for some reason it keeps creating this folder in MediaBay, I probably have over 100 folders and it keeps creating them. If I close the project and open it up again it’s gone but it starts again.

I haven’t seen this before. Did you add the path to your Cubase projects in MediaBay? If so, I don’t think that’s a good idea.

I had recently updated from Cubase 13 to 13.0.20 then rolled back cause of so many glitches, now updated to this latest and my list of glitches is numerous including this. I haven’t touched any settings nor added paths.

For testing purposes, could you try to rename your Cubase preferences folder?
Make sure Cubase is fully closed down first.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% \Steinberg\Cubase X_64

Where the X is the Cubase version (for example 13).

After renaming this folder, next time you start Cubase it will create a new folder with default settings.

Renamed … automatically recreated a new Preferences folder but … didn’t work, it’s doing it again ((((

You may need a new computer

ya sure thanks for the great advice lol