Mediabay is not sorting normal numericals 1-5-10-20-100

Mediabay can only organize in the 0001 - 0100 fashion.

would show up as

v annyoing

This is because its following a strict alphabetical sort.
It would take seconds to make the sort follow numerics correctly as well - its a standard in any database or spreadsheet type app, so you gotta wonder how this wasn’t straightened out by the coder who was working on it at the time.
Maybe lunchbreak came up and they just plain forgot to fix it when they returned to their desk.
Too late then to fix it, 'cause we’re on to the next big feature seller.

standard in any database or spreadsheet… and Operating Systems that Cubase is written for… and inside Cubase itself in the Pool… and with Marker number sorting… Just not in the media bay… :confused:

I just realized how much of a pain in this ass is for me. I have samples i made for groove agent that were numbered, and so when I go to bulk load them into groove agent, it loads them onto the pads in the incorrect order.

so frustrating… comon steiny, get it right…

Hit 1
Hit 10
Hit 11
Hit 12
Hit 13
Hit 14
Hit 15
Hit 16
Hit 17
Hit 18
Hit 2
Hit 3
Hit 4
Hit 5
Hit 6
Hit 7
Hit 8
Hit 9

are how my drum samples are loading into pads in GA… unacceptable.

I’m not sure but if the numbers would be:
etc…
it would have the correct order.

Yes. it would be the correct order… but then I’d have to know how many digit places I need total, and I may not always know how much something is going to to grow. So I’d have to always use 000 or 0000.

No other part of Cubase, the OS, or any other software works this way…

bump

There’re a couple of annoying Mediabay glitches that need sorting out. This is definitely one of them! +1

Yup many people who work in this industry are OCD, you have to be to be a good musician and engineer pretty much. Anything disorganized is a major distraction.