Melodyne 4 + Cubase 8

Has anyone used this combination yet? If so, how well is it working?

Ooh man I almost replied you, but then it got to me, I do not have version 4!

SO thanks for the update, I’m updating now and get back to you!

Transferring tracks at this moment, so far so good!

Still no good alternative for ARA, bummer.

Ok it’s stable and works…

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the (real-time) feedback. :slight_smile:

So, in your opinion is the integration between Melodyne 4 and Cubase 8 an improvement over version Melodyne 2 and Cubase 8? I recall reading a lot of problems about the latter and don’t want to upgrade if they still exist. I realize that I could still use it standalone, but it would be more convenient to use it ‘inside’ Cubase.

Not at all, it’s still the same, the integration can only be tight (in my opinion) if Cubase has support fro ARA. This is not the case, I hoped that Melodyne would fix this thing themselfs but it seems that all coding was done towards ARA support, so the workflow is the same aas in Melodyne 2.

I’m that fast as I just recently purchased Medlodyne (december ) and have a free upgrade to Melodyne4.

But as I stated it works (and probably has a bunch of new features).

Also I do not get frustated by the transfer audio procedure, I just go have a cup of coffee :slight_smile:

Well, there is one rather noticeable improvement (at least if you get Studio 4)… we can now have multiple tracks in the Melodyne window (same as in the standalone version) :wink:.

Was just wondering about this myself as they’re doing a nice deal to upgrade to studio from any version of Editor… think i’ll spring for it now

As the World’s greatest expert at spending other people’s money ( :stuck_out_tongue: )… go for it! :smiley:

LOL… NO ONE can compete with my ex missus on that score! :astonished: :open_mouth: :blush: :imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Just been playing with it for a couple of hours and it’s pretty damned impressive! It’s much more accurate detection wise and seems to deal with a much wider range of sources… just tuned an 80’s synth brass ‘hit’ with loads of modulation on it with the aim of completely freaking it out… nope it sorted it :astonished: well impressed!

You can get it cheaper than 149 Euros if you shop around a bit on the web too!

matjones wrote:
Was just wondering about this myself as they’re doing a nice deal to upgrade to studio from any version of Editor… think i’ll spring for it now

Good point, as I own the editor version, I see that upgrading for 149 euro’s is till 30/4/2016, may upgrade next month.

You can get it cheaper from plugindiscounts.com :smiley:

Does it still crash Cubase when you remove it ?

No not here, but it never did anyway on my system… why not give the demo a go?

Thanks, I just did. :smiley:

The price was so low that I (almost) feel guilty.

You can get it cheaper from plugindiscounts.com

Haha, I’m second but I purchased my upgrade to the studio version also, thanks for the tip!

Just upgraded from editor to studio too, wheee! Don’t know if I really need studio, the editor version worked well enough to do what I needed to do with it. That being said, moar stuph for $50 isn’t such a bad deal.

@Tom H
Just a question:
Where did you get the upgrade price (Editor to Studio) for 50$?

You can get it cheaper from plugindiscounts.com :smiley:[/quote]
Thanks, I just did. :smiley:

The price was so low that I (almost) feel guilty.[/quote]

No worries chaps! I’ve not paid full price for any plugin since i heard about that site… good customer service too :smiley:

@whitealbum… The upGRADE from editor to studio is $149 (on the celemony site) which is $50 more than the upDATE to the latest version of editor… hope that clarifies!