Melodyne ARA bugs

:wink:

Bug!
I don’t know if it has anything to do with the ARA implementation, but I decided to use Melodyne as an “ordinary” plugin on a channel because of the known problems, but now I can’t remove the Melodyne instance without Cubase crashing.
Can’t remove or disable the track without Cubase crashing either.

Simply great. :unamused:

Update: After 10 crashes in a row I decided to remove the input and output routing of the channel before I removed it the instance and that did the trick! Very weird, has never happened before 10.0.30.

This. And make testing public. I use Reaper and Reason and it works well for both those products.

on windows 10 x64 no audio…
please fix it!!!

Today trying a little more with ARA and got some clicks at a beginnig of a part…

This is happening to me too. I put the Melodyne extension on some background vocal tracks, and on playback they’re out of sync with the rest of the song. If I save (with the extensions still enabled) and quit the project and then reopen it, it seems to go back to normal. Blerg…

Anyone else having this problem and figured out a way to prevent it? I tried unloading any plugins on those channels, which had no effect.

Confirmed. Doesn’t matter if I put a fade on the part either. :unamused:

Delay with new parts if I don’t apply (bounce in place) melodyne to an erlier edit. Multiple melodyne instantiated gives delay. MAC latest

I do hope 10.0.40 won’t be long!

Optimally I would like to see it work like it does in Studio One.
In S1 Melodyne is applied on the track (not the region) so Melodyne immediately adapts and reflects the track comp.

Cubase presently seems to be applied to a fixed region/regions so once you have applied Melodyne - no more comping.
Therefore: comp first and then melodyne.

It seems however that Steinberg is aiming for a comp-friendly workflow:

I wonder if Steinberg dares to give an estimation of release date this time? :mrgreen:

+1

I´m having serious sync issues between the ARA enabled track and another normal Audio track I´m soloing at the same time.
Melodyne seems to be about 1/4 behind the normal audio track. Enabling the extension on the other track seem to align them back up again.

There are also some visual glitches when opening Melodyne enabled tracks (i.e. empty wave display(, but simply opening&closing the window appears to restore the waveform view.

Actually, ARA and Melodyne is fat from stable and it crashes every 5-10 minutes when running 20 tracks and going back and forth.
I can consistently crash Cubase by adjusting pan on a specific channel when melodyne is open.

Hi,

Could you attach the crash dump files, please?

I purchased Melodyne Assistant this weekend (an upgrade from Essential) and finally downloaded it today. I had to remove the Steinberg free ‘Essential’ version to get things up and running but after this and another reinstall of the Assistant, Melodyne showed up in my plugin list Project under the Extension tab and I was able to - at least - have things look like the video demos…

Also much the member above said, I could not figure out a way to remove Melodyne from my Project once it was turned on…but baby steps. I’m not doing anything serious with it at this point. The video instructions are deep and I appreciate that this is not a simple program.

Also, FWIW, I could not get the Essential program to show up in the Extension tab - and for that matter I could not even create/discover the Extension tab in my Projects, even though the ARA program was listed in my Program Plug-ins in the System Comp Info window, before upgrading to Assistant. It has only just now shown up with the Assistant upgrade.

Hi,

Click to the Extension field and select -.

In Studio One Melodyne is added as Event FX on the Event, not the track. So when you have 10 separate events with Melodyne edits on a track, 10 instances of Melodyne will be active on that track.

Martin……… :wink: I thought about that later. :laughing: Thanks though, you’re input is always welcome.

Too, it has occurred to me that - maybe - because of what I experienced with the Assistant install that it might be possible to improve how the Essential works if it is uninstalled and then reinstalled? Maybe Melodyne might redirect itself after a reinstall and find C10 properly? I say this because - as far as components go - the Essential program vs. the Assistant, the program’s faces LOOK different, sure, but the component list is still the same in the Melodyne folder. Just a thought, something else that I hadn’t thought of at the time. Of course it could be that Essential just lacks something…

Cheers for this but it’s too late.

I have no need for Melodyne as only occasionally work with vocals and I have plenty of tools for that, was simply interested to see how it worked in CB10 with ARA but the moment passed.

x