Melodyne ARA

Interesting technology that will (I assume) show up in Cubase and all hosts at some point. Melodyne ARA.

:laughing:

This is REALLY FANTASTIC! Moderators: Any idea when it will be in Cubase?

Have you ever seen Steinberg answering a question about future features??? :open_mouth:

or if you like “improvements will come in the future” :laughing:

it will be the same as ever…
Company policy will not allow such integration, we have vari audio :laughing:

I sure hope ARA is a “general plugin extension format” or something like that, rather than a technology developed to work with melodyne only.

I always asked myself, why I have to look and edit “waveforms” only in an audio track lane.
Why can’t I switch the lane to display “spectral information”, having dedicated editing functionality directly in visual context of the song?
Or, like now, switch the lane to display “melodyne information”, having dedicated editing functionality directly in visual context of the song?

Why a thousand different “plugins”, or separate windows, completely out of context, like the wave editor in cubase. The MIDI editor can be “switched” to “inplace”, but not audio. Wouldn’t it be cool to edit “VariAudio” and/or HitPoints, AudioWarp, directly in the project time lane, in context of the whole project?

I so much hope ARA is a general VST/AU based plugin extension technology, that can be used to display and edit data in another way as just MIDI events and waveforms.

I’m with tabsel here. There’s a big kerfuffle, by the regular kerfufflers, who so often make a large fuss about shiny new things, buy them before they’re properly tested and then quickly find the little rust spots. I look forward to the next round of complaints about it.
Every carrot comes with a free stick. To beat yourself with.

:open_mouth:

OMG I hope that I’m eligible for a free upgrade.

This looks amazing!

Kerfuffle huh, pathetic…

Wait. No need. The version of Melodyne demonstrated in the video was 1.3 (per the comment by the narrator at the end) which is the current GA release. The onus is on the DAW to support the ARA protocol.