Melodyne flaky in 7.52

I’m finding Melodyne a bit flaky in 7.52. Especially with tempo changes, anyone else?

Works great here :slight_smile:
nexis

Just had a session in 7.5.2 with a tempo change that really fouled up Melodyne.

I haven’t needed Melodyne since 7.5.0, but I’ve always wished it was less flaky… And I’ve never managed to get the tempo transfer to work either, perhaps it’s just operator error. I wish SB would inplement RNA or was it DNA, no, it was RIAA, no, definitely ARA :wink:

Yes, ARA, even Sonar has it now! I love Variaudio but I use Melodyne lot too.

I own a copy of Melodyne but quit using it a while back after it was built into Cubase 6. I still get their update notices but haven’t bothered. The one built into Cubase is MUCH faster and MUCH MUCH easier to use.

True, but Melodyne can do a LOT more, it’s especially useful for adjusting timing (not to mention polyphonic tuning).

Can’t agree more!!! Melodyne is a great tool, although I expect we will see something similar within Cubase in the not too distant.

No issues here with Melodyne in 7.5.2.

I also once thought that with Variaudio I would no longer need Melodyne, but once you go beyond mere tuning it’s a different beast entirely; it depends on what you need to do. Variaudio is excellent for what it does, and the integration in Cubase provides a great workflow, but I too would also like to see ARA implemented in Cubase.

+1 for ARA integration in Cubase.

Melodyne crash on my 7.52, load the instance, track something, remove the plug instance and boooooom

Same here… A tip: if you cmd-s immediately after removing plug in, it saves before crash and you can load the arr again with melodyne removed…works for me anyway.

Any news about this ? Happens to me as well and is very very annoying (really hopeless to work with)

Edit, this : Melodyne crash on my 7.52, load the instance, track something, remove the plug instance and boooooom

K

I don’t think Melodyne can cope with tempo changes. I’ve had problems a long time before 7.5.2 came out. Also a few friends of mine have the same issue.