Mercury 5

Yeah, that keyboard is still too loud.

The drums in particular are a tad dull-sounding (EQ-wise).

But I get it. You can’t do more than this given
the source recording.

But, as Peter points out, the overall performances are pretty damned stellar anyway.

I still reckon you should persevere. It would be worth the effort.

Awesome stuff, I confess I did not read all of the comments above, only a couple of thoughts, some of the hard panning at the beginning made things feel slightly one sided depending which instrument was fronting… that’s all I can say technically.

I felt like I had to slide on my shades right from the start, heavy coolness factor chaps. And last point, I love the name “incontinentals” - brilliant! :laughing:

Thanks very much for sharing, it enriched my evening greatly.

Hi Jet, I think I can work on the drums eq, so thanks for that comment. Definitely going to persevere.

Robin, thanks for listening. Others have commented on the panning, and so I’m thinking about how to address. I think I need to learn how to maintain a good stereo effect while keeping the main instruments closer to center. At least I think this is what I’m hearing in recent pro recordings that I use as references. It seems there are other tricks to giving a broad stereo image that don’t involve hard panning, which I would agree, is not such a great idea with our instrumentation and setup. Any tricks from your end would be appreciated!

great stuff leon ,love the tune, brill groove ,the recording is very good . :sunglasses:

Thanks for giving it a listen, Polgara!