Merge file into a new or existing song/cpr

I use some other high end creation tools such as 3D studio max, these apps tend to have a merge function that allows you to bring elements of a “project” into a new one. This has multiple uses, but the main use for me is that I am able to open files that crash the software for one reason or another and to extract working elements from them.
here is a description of the 3D studio Max merge command:

as you can see it allows you to pick elements of a file to import into a new or existing scene - for example I could bring in just the lights from a file, or certain objects.

Does Cubase have such functionality? - can I for example, merge in a cpr file and before the file loads tell cubase to only merge in certain instrument tracks, or certain audio tracks

It would be great to have such a feature for old files (or files made by another producer) that crash the software at some point during the load process

Could I request such a feature, allowing you to merge specific tracks (with associated FX or without) from a cpr file into another?

thanks, and thanks for implementing my mirror request =)

Have you looked at Import Tracks from Project?

Thanks - that’s exactly what I need =)

Sorry, I asked in general but didn’t get an answer

T

That’s understandable. The manual would be an excellent resource here, i.e., a search for “import”. :wink: