In another topic an idea emerged that seems kind of obvious. So obvious I can’t imagine it’s the first and only time anybody has thought of it. It’s all in the title. Merge the Download Assistant and Library Manager to one app,
We started here:
Cubase 11.0.30 Maintenance Update Available - #123 by HowlingUlf?
How many times have you looked at the ever growing list of plugins, content and packages in the download manager and wondered
- if you already have it downloaded
- if you already have it downloaded and installed
- if you already have it downloaded and installed and uninstalled because it was … not for you
- you have a license for it
- if it’s free
- if it’s a free demo with a time limit
- where is it downloaded
- where is it installed
- can you uninstall it here and now without going through hoops
Having to open two apps which are passable for their respective task isn’t really saving you any time. Aiming for a total overview kind of app with great power for the end user would make something nobody really like or ask for into something much easier and not a total dreadful chore. It will give us cleaner systems and less clutter on the hard drives and I’m not sure if there are any downsides to it.