[Merged] Ridiculous Cubase Crashes - Getting fed up

I will be working in a project just fine, everythings working. I will close the project and cubase, and then re open it, and crashes on the load in. I haven’t added any plugins or anything, everything is exactly the same as when I had it working prior.

Steinberg is starting to piss me off. I don’t want knew gimmicks, I want stability and boring but useful workflow features. Don’t need a Sampler. I have one. I need VU meters to be accurate, a program that never crashes, stability, low CPU consumption, and speedy workflow and layout.

This is terrible.

I will be working in a project just fine, everythings working. I will close the project and cubase, and then re open it, and crashes on the load in. I haven’t added any plugins or anything, everything is exactly the same as when I had it working prior.

Steinberg is starting to piss me off. I don’t want knew gimmicks, I want stability and boring but useful workflow features. Don’t need a Sampler. I have one. I need VU meters to be accurate, a program that never crashes, stability, low CPU consumption, and speedy workflow and layout.

This is terrible.

This exact same thing happened to me before also and it just wasn’t clear what caused it? I found out by opening a black project and adding/saving every single track one by one. Eventually I discovered it was the BFD3 VST with a certain kit preset I saved earlier in standalone mode. When loading every track but without the BFD tracks all went well. And loading any other preset also worked flawlessly afterwards. So it was probably somethng in the BFD3 preset I created earlier. After a BFD update even the offending preset worked fine again. So it’s not always a ‘Cubase issue’ when it crashes.

VU Meters would be a gimmic, utterly useless when working with digital.
No crashes here, maybe your computer is not up to it, hard to say when you are not even bothering making a signature with relevant system specs.

I’m just saying the digital meters are inconsistent, not suggesting VU meters

Hi,

Most probably, this is a plug-in related. Share the *.crash or *.dmp file, please.

I’m pretty sure it isn’t because, eventually it will fire up just fine.

Here’s a weird one, all my pool files go red, and when I click on one, Cubase crashes.

Hi,

Cloud your share the dmp file, please?

Is the E drive available?