Merging projects

Hi

Is it possible to merge projects in Cubase? I know about exporting MIDI tracks and stuff like that, but I’d like to also be able to export the information about which VST instruments that those tracks relate to (with the selected patch) along with their related mixer channels and all the EQ and effects sends from their channels. In a nutshell: so that you could import this data in a different project, hit play, and the song would play exactly like it did in the original project - with all the same levels, effects, EQ, etc.

Cheers

swerver

If you use instrument tracks you can do this with export selected tracks/import track archive…don’t think this is possible with instruments loaded in the rack though.

Hi Grim

Thanks, I already tried the export/import of selected tracks to no avail.

Find it a bit strange that this kind of workflow isn’t possible without having to manually set up all your VST instruments/effects/EQ/etc again. Unless anyone else knows otherwise?

Cheers

swerver

Would a track preset save all your inserts/vsti/patches/panning, etc. ?
And then drag and drop the MIDI/audio parts?
Not sure what would happen with sends. Probably lost but you could minimize the amount of transferring settings.
I think…
J.L.

Yes. I just checked the manual and track presets save a lot of settings and can be used for audio/instrument/MIDI tracks.

Thanks jaslan, I’ll check out track presets. :smiley: Anything that cuts down the amount of manual intervention is a plus.

Cheers

swerver

I should mention I was looking in the C5 manual but hopefully this funtionality did not change in C6.
I wanted to mention that you can even select MULTIPLE tracks and save the whole lot as a preset.
EASY!
J.L.