Merging two completely different 'project template' files -- including FOLDER STRUCTURE, not just TRACKS or CLIPS/EVENTS

Hi there!!

HOW, IF AT ALL, CAN I COMBINE TWO SEPARATE PROJECTS INTO ONE, INCLUDING NOT JUST THE TRACKS BUT ALSO THE MULTI-LEVEL FOLDERS FROM EACH PROJECT?

I’m running Cubase Pro 9.5.10 on a Win10 Professional x64 machine.,

I have two very large ‘project template’ .cpr files — one contains all of my Kontakt-based instruments, and one contains all of my non-Kontakt-based instruments (the reasons for this are not important, but they are good).

Each template file uses a ‘nested folder’ structure . . . so, for example, there will be a “GUITARS” folder, which will contain multiple subfolders (“Guitars - Electric”, “Guitars - Acoustic, 6-string”, “Guitars - Acoustic, 12-string”, “Mandolins, Banjos, Cimbaloms, Zithers”, and so on. Each subfolder contains a separate sub-subfolder for each instrument library, and each sub-subfolder will contain one or more ‘Instrument Tracks’ that have been ‘disabled’ to save resources.

Some of the disabled instrument tracks have pre-loaded Expression Maps, but there are no audio or MIDI clips/events.

Here’s a small section of one of the project templates:

I want to combine both of these ‘project template’ .cpr files into one Master Project Template File, containing every instrument library.

The whole point here is to maintain the folder structure — in libraries like EWQLSO, there can be upwards of seven nested folder levels, and I don’t want to lose that in the new .cpr file.

This seems impossible . . . ? ? ?

Cubase wouldn’t let me click-and-drag folders from one project to another.

Cubase wouldn’t let me save either file as an OMF (I guess because there are no audio or MIDI clips/events), so I couldn’t try importing an OMF of one file into the other file.

“Importing tracks from project” is no good because first, the ‘importing’ project receives several hundred disabled instrument tracks without their multiple levels of containing folders, leaving me to guess what library each track comes from. Then, once I save and close the file, it can never be re-opened because it somehow becomes corrupted (“Project “filename.cpr” was created with Cubase 1.x. This program version cannot load it.”).

“Exporting tracks to archive” didn’t work for the same reason, and with the same results.

I don’t see why copying folders from one project to another is any different from copying audio clips form one to another.

Am I missing something really basic?

Please . . . please let there be a way . . . . . . . . THANKS!!!

Hi,

I’m sorry, you cannot transfer folders (or the whole structure) via Import from Project, or Track Archive. There is no way to do so.

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for the terrible news . . . :frowning: :slight_smile:

It just doesn’t make sense to me — I would think it’d be easier to move/copy a folder, since it involves less data than an actual audio/MIDI event.

Ah well…

IS this still the case with Rel 10?

You can’t copy folder tracks between projects?