Merry Christmas To Daniel And The Team

(Mods, feel free to change the subject title if you deem necessary)

I’m sure the vast majority of us can join in to wish Daniel and the team well as they take their much-deserved break over the holidays. Surely if we had any idea of the hurdles they have faced and overcome in the last year we would be amazed. There is no doubt they have worked harder than we imagine, and the things they have tackled have been conceived and executed with vision and care, all the while trying to prioritize a myriad of demands, all the while trying to most effectively balance their capacity to their workload.

We might at times wish for our own demands to be a higher priority, but that does not diminish our respect and appreciation for all the things they have accomplished.

Agreed. Much respect and appreciation for all of their hard work.

Indeed.

(this is Sibelius btw, with the brand new Hollywood Choirs for playback - next year I’ll have a version rendered from Dorico!)

Hear, hear!

Perhaps like some others, I missed the initial posting of this topic as I’ve been traveling or with family for the past week. But I absolutely do share the sentiment. I am in awe of the work ethic and dedication to high standards that the Dorico team exhibit. Many thanks to them, and a happy new year to all.

Thank you to all of you for your encouragement and your support, and a Happy New Year to you all.

Amen to all of this. I transcribed an organ improvisation this week, and once I had the Frames as I wanted them, I had to make only one minor cosmetic edit…with no moving of staves, etc. required! After six months of using Dorico, this is still a revelation to me as with my long-time notation product, cosmetic work took forever and a day.

From 2012 to the end of 2017, what would become Dorico has made more strides than Finale did in its first fifteen years of existence. Yes, the Dorico crew had many years of Sibelius to draw upon, but what a real miracle the whole story of Dorico has been.

Avid created a monster.