Metadata - Inherit from source file

Basic wave file tags are not being copied to mp3 when converted with the “inherit from source file” option.

I have a large number of wave files to convert to mp3 with the batch file process and want to copy over just the basic wave file tags. ie. Title, Artist, Genre, Year.

Is there some trick to this? Thanks in advance for any replies.

SP

This is not possible because the meta-data of WAV and MP3 are not the same. There would need to be a convertor to translate, as far as possible, the meta-data from one format to another.
This feature is planned for next WaveLab version.

In the grand scheme of things, a ridiculous limitation. Any idea of date on the next release?

In the grand scheme of things it’s a futility, easily overcome by using Easy CD-DA Extractor for instance: http://www.poikosoft.com/.

Thanks for the tip.

My wave files have plugins associated with them so not so easily overcome. To fully automate the conversion along with metadata would be a great thing. Given the technical complexity of wavelab which is a complement to the originators, creating code to translate the wave tag fields to the ID3 fields wouldn’t be a difficult thing to implement.

Hi,

My wave files have plugins associated with them so not so easily overcome.

but this only belongs to WL, right ? must be possible to use a app or program
to translate metadata with audio files !

regards S-EH