Metadata - Merge RIFF info and BWF to ID3

Is it possible to merge the RIFF-info or BWF info to ID3 fields ?
IE: I’m trying to take existing ISRC codes and keywords and use them to populate the ID3 fields when generating mp3’s.

Thanks, Bolla.

If you want to take pre-existing metadata to merge them to other meta tags, then no.
If you want to merge existing metadata with meta-data that you specify yourselves, then yes (using the batch processor).

OK. This would be a very useful feature in the future.

I have many existing bwav with ISRC codes.
I need to produce mp3’s that have the ISRC embedded.
The only way I can do that is to manually go to the RIFF tab - copy - change to the mp3 tab - paste.
There is no other way?

It would be great if you could use the RIFF data in the same way that you can use the CD-text fields as a variable.
The ability to import a csv with metadata would also IMO be extremely useful.

Cheers, Bolla

Where are the ISRC codes stored in your bwav? Show a picture maybe.

Here you go.
RIFF data edit window.png
RIFF data.png
Bolla.

This is a pain to do within WL so I’ve made another .tab in excel that has all the fields I need to populate.
Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 11.14.12 AM.png
I can then grab say AA to AF in XL and paste the tab separated fields into a vacant field in the ID3 tab.

Then I Cut and paste to the right ID3 fields.

Bolla.

Bolla, maybe you already know, but the ISRC in RIFF doesn’t stand for International Standard Recording Code. SRC stands for Source (which is supposed to be a person or organization). The I is added to the start of all the RIFF fields. Actually what you’ve done works when converting to ID3 in Media Monkey, but I believe they also thought it meant the ISRC we all know. Technically the ISRC is supposed to go in the iXML chunk. Sorry if this is just repeating what you might already have known, and you’re using it because it still works in some programs.

bob99 is right, though any field can be used for any purpose, if that suits your organization (but only it).

Hi bob99,

Thanks I didn’t realise that.

So if the iXML is set to be generated from the BWF - where should the ISRC be placed?

Bolla.

Sorry, it’s the aXML chunk, not the iXML. I misremembered.

This was from the EBU document defining this last year
https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3352.pdf (section 5)

The only way I know to do this in BWFMetaEdit is to copy and paste the example code from the EBU document into the aXML chunk, replacing the example ISRC that’s in the code with your real ISRC. This is the code to copy and paste:

<ebucore:ebuCoreMain xmlns:dc=" DCMI: DCMI Metadata Terms" xmlns:ebucore=“urn:ebu:metadata-schema:ebuCore_2012”>
ebucore:coreMetadata
<ebucore:identifier typeLabel=“GUID” typeDefinition=“Globally Unique Identifier” formatLabel=“ISRC” formatDefinition=“International Standard Recording Code” formatLink=“http://www.ebu.ch/metadata/cs/ebu_IdentifierTypeCodeCS.xml#3.7”>
dc:identifierISRC:NOX001212345</dc:identifier>
</ebucore:identifier>

Yes, this is correct.
Note that if the ISRC is already written in the montage, for a CD track, this ISRC value (in your example, “NOX001212345”) can be replaced by the proper WaveLab variable, and this will be replaced by WaveLab when rendering CD tracks.