metal essential expansion

It’s SOLVED!!!
If there’s other users with the same issue I had with Groove Agent SE 5 Expansion, I’d like to say that the solution mentioned in the earlier posts works!! Unfortunately it wasn’t my case! I had to contact Steinberg and do a TeamViewer session with a technician because there was a missing file in my installation!
Note: This was a Steinberg bug that they are already trying to fix!
There’s this other one solution that may help in other cases:

Good Luck!!!

I just blew a couple hours on this.
The MODIFY INSTALL post from above works, BUT windows is going to ask for a file you may not be able to find. It wants the MSI file so it can get the GA5SE version of the expansion. The download is an EXE, so I was like “what? where?” and searched 8 TB of hard drives…nada

First, go download and install WINRAR (Other archivers may be able to do this, I don’t know). Be sure to enable the option for shell/explorer integration.

Here’s what I did to fix it (Windows):

Go find your .EXE download file METAL_ESSENTIALS_INSTALLER_win.exe

RIGHT CLICK it and choose Open with Winrar

Find the .MSI file and right click, choose Extract to specified folder

Choose a folder to put it in, and remember it.

NOW, go do the above steps, repeated here:

Go to “ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS”
Find the METAL ESSENTIALS entry

(RAN OUT OF ALLOWED FILES - TO BE CONTINUED…)

(DETAILED FIX CONTINUED)

Click MODIFY. This will open the Steinberg setup. Click next and then choose the Modify button:

Expand the tree, you should have two entries labeled exactly the same (!). One may be disabled (little red X). That’s the Groove Agent SE version. Click the “X” and choose “Will be installed on local hard drive”

The installer will put the 212 version (GA SE5) wherever you want.

From here, you just have to register it (right click, open in Library Manager), and whatever to get Cubase to see it (I had to restart).

Hopefully TADA!