Metering source audio while using ARC - possible?

So PG, any hope for a solution within WL?

Sorry, there is no short term plan to add a plugin with the speaker configuration.
Possibly post Master Section, but as many plugin as speaker configurations.

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean by that?
Anyway, any (even temporary) solution would be great.

You can switch between 8 speaker configurations, each one with a custom gain. What would be difficult, would be to add a plugin to each of these configurations.
What would be easier, would be to have one post-master plugin, independent of the speaker configurations.

I see. Although not ideal for multi speaker configuration systems (for each speaker set-up usually a different set of plugins / presets is needed), it would still be a HUGE improvement!
So, please… :wink:
BTW by “one” you mean literally 1 piece of plugin or one common place for several plugins in a chain? I can think of at least 3 needed in a raw - this is how I use it in Cubase (ARC = compensation, limiter, dithering)

I mean, like now, with one additional slot at the end, excluded from rendering.

I see, well even that would help a lot!

I have used Tobybear’s “VST Mini Host” to run external plugins: http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html

I have not tried this with Wavelab (yet) but in Cubase I was able to map THROUGH it to my soundcard to run room correction just as you want.

First get the Mini Host running with ARC installed as the effect. Then set Wavelab’s ASIO outputs to the Mini Host inputs. Send the Mini Host outputs to your soundcard.

It’s a little bit “kludgy” but it works.

Just for info MC19 with ASIO in is now available at

I’ve not had much luck getting it to work with WL though.

Craig

When can we expect this? Apparently I was too naive expecting it in 8.0.3…

While we’re talking about IKM ARC (which I also use)… one thing that always bugged me in WL was to waste one insert slot for the room correction plugin, and hope to not forget it to turn off while rendering.

WL8 got this new speaker setup system, which is a good idea. But can’t it be expanded? I’m thinking of something like the “Control Room” in Cubendo. Meaning: having insert slots for the monitor setup slots.

Actually, I can live with 2-3 inserts per monitor slot. But I could place ARC there(!), even independent of used speakers, and render without ever thinking about it. This would only work however, if the “Monitor” section is also independent in WL like it is in Cubendo with the Control Room.

What do you think, PG?
Might this be possible within the WL8 cycle?

Actually - a couple of posts above you said that with WL8 it won’t be possible due to the current engine. An insert slot “between” the Master chain and the speakers might work as workaround. I can live with that idea. But having a control room eventually would be really great!

I see this is an old post but, I think you can insert the ARC in the post processing slot of the master section. Apparently this does not get rendered but is just for monitoring. . The only thing is if you have set up multiple speakers up with ARC correction, there is only one plugin slot. For all the speakers. So you can’t run a separate instance of arc for the other speakers.

If Steinberg adds a slot for each of the speaker selections (like they did in the CR monitor of Cubase 8), then the problem is solved and you can multiple instances of the plugin for each speaker set.

I agree that this is an important feature for critical listening (this is for Mastering after all :exclamation: :unamused: ) when room correction is all in the box…

Feel free to post this in new features suggested.