Metronome 1/16 beat off with Cubase Pro 12.00.07 + Windows Pro 11

Symptom: 1st beat of click does not line up with bar numbers. It’s about 1/16 beat out.
Been working all day, went for coffee, came back and the issue appeared.
THE ONLY ‘FIX’ I HAVE FOUND IS TO ROUTE THE METRONOME AS A MIDI CLICK TO AN OLD KEYBOARD. IT ALL SYCS FINE WHEN I DO THAT
Apologies in advance if I’m missing the point or leant on something, but this is what I have tried:
Turning it off and on off again
Opening old projects but they behave the same
Updating all drivers
Changing audio interface
Recording into an empty midi channel with no module connected
Telling the click to use MIDI and not AUDIO
Making a new project from scratch
Changing the project from 44.1 to 48 khz
Quoting Ohm’s law
Other software (Sibelius etc) is behaving normally

Any ideas gratefully received.
I’ve put a little video here:

Turned everything on today and all is back to normal.
Follow this link to see the recordings from yesterday and today
recordings for comparison
Opened same project and played same things as I used for my Youtube video demo
The metronome is now behaving.
Totally baffled.
Have even done Windows Memory Diagnostic as couldn’t think of anything else.

Same problem keeps randomly happening. Looks like I have latency of some kind when using usb midi. Traditional 5 pin din midi cable works fine. Luckily I still have an old Korg in the loft.

Hi,

Could you try to enable the WinRT MIDI in the Studio > Studio Setup > MIDI Port Setup, please?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Returned here as was about to write solution on my post: “Use System Timestamp for ‘Windows MIDI’ Inputs. Activate this option if you have persistent timing problems such as shifted notes . If this is activated, the system timestamp is used as a time reference.” has worked for me. Intrigued why it’s only just started happening after 2 years on the same system with same interface/hardware 2) why it randomly starts behaving one day and then plays games the next. Either way I now have a workaround. :+1: