Metronome going through audio inputs

I’m having a rough day. :confused:

Suddenly, my metronome is going into my audio inputs. So, when I record audio, the metronome is recorded with it.

That yellow speck in the “Mono 1” input and the armed “Lead Vox” input is the metronome. I didn’t assign the metronome to any inputs, and didn’t know that I could. I do know that you can assign the metronome to outputs and do it all the time.

Could someone advise me on how to disable the metronome through my inputs? I’d appreciate it.

Already checked your totalmix for a loopback…?
Correct input on the audio track in Cubase selected…?
Does it also record the Vocals, or only the metronome…?

Thanks for your reply thinkingcap

Already checked your totalmix for a loopback…?

I have not enabled the Loopback mode in Totalmix, if that’s what you mean. I also reset it to its factory presets

Correct input on the audio track in Cubase selected…?

Yep.

Does it also record the Vocals, or only the metronome…?

Vocals without the metronome.

Thanks for your support!

:question:

My mistake thinkingcap. I assumed that the signal would be recorded because it was showing in both inputs of Cubase and Total Mix, but was wrong when I recorded a vocal.

Still, since this never happened before, why is this happening? I never saw a metronome signal in an input channel before. It also appears in a midi track when I arm it: I wanted to record midi on Groove Agent One and saw the metronome running through the channel when I armed it. When I turned off Beat Designer in the insert of the channel, the metronome signal disappeared. So, I have no idea why this has started, or why the metronome signal is showing up in my channels, even though it isn’t recordable. Is this now standard in Cubase 6? If so, and if it’s doesn’t effect the recorded input, I’m fine with that. I just want to know why this started happening.

Thanks again for your interest.