Metronome mark as Paragraph style

The new Allign with systemic barline-function is really good and I was really happy when I saw that it was implemented. But after looking more closely at it, I realized that it won’t work for what I would most of all like, namely the metronome marks.
Would it be possible to migrate the text styles of the metronome mark to a paragraph style in the future to make it possible to use this for those?

I don’t think that would be the correct approach to addressing what I assume is your requirement, namely that you want a tempo item to be aligned with the systemic barline. What if the tempo mark consists of a word, or if it contains a word in addition to the metronome mark? What if the tempo is set to appear on more than one staff in the system?

Hmmmm, actually my main thought was about the parts, did not really think about the score. But I’m not sure what would cause any problems with a tempo mark including text items?
Anyway, I’d love to have the option to line up with the systemic barline in the parts. :slight_smile:

Can you say anything about why this convention is preferred to showing tempos in the usual place?

Well, after consulting Gould, page 183, I have to admit I was wrong about the placement. :exploding_head:

Today’s lesson: First check with the source… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::notes: