Metronome mark minim = 80

Is it possible to have note values other than ‘crotchet =’ in metrnome marks?

Thanks,

Chris

yes, crotchet = 6, quaver = 5. etc.

It would also be great to be able to have complex metronome marks, for example with two quavers = crotchet and quaver triplet for jazz swing (and for playback to reflect this!).

Neil

Hi Chris,

Yes it is certainly possible to create metronome marks using minims. Make a selection where you would like the metronome mark, or move the note input caret to that position, and press Shift+T to bring up the Tempo popover. Then type “h=80” and press Enter to get a minim=80 metronome mark.

Use ‘w’ for whole-note, ‘h’ for half-note, ‘q’ for quarter-note, ‘e’ for eighth-note, etc.

Hope this helps,
Anthony

Anthony,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply, I’ve tried the tequnique out and now ‘have it’.

Best,

Chris

Is it possible yet to create a tempo change as in the attached pic?
Tempo.png

No, not using the existing tempo objects, I’m afraid. You can create it using a text object with Shift+X but it’ll have no effect on playback.

Thanks for this answer, Daniel. Will this be implemented on a future version of Dorico ?

It will definitely be implemented in future, but I’m not sure exactly when.

Possibly related to this question, is it possible to have a metronome mark such as (half note = dotted half note)?

Thanks
Jim

Jim,

Your question is similar to the one posted by MatsHall earlier in this thread and Daniel’'s response likely gives you the information you need.