Metronome precount problems

Just downloaded and installed Cubase 10 Elements on Windows 10 pro 64 bit clean installation.

Now I set the metronome to 2 bars precount, it does that (with the audible click) and then waits another 2 bars with no click before starting to record. If I go to play, it waits two bars before starting. Any ideas to solve this please? I’ve done a repair through Windows settings, but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Brian

Hi and welcome,

Could you attach the Metronome Setup window screenshot, please?

Hi

Thank you for your response.,

Screen shot attached

Brian

Hi,

Unfortunately I can’t reproduce it here with the very same settings.

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hi

I started in Safe mode and disabled preferences. This is the screen shot.

As this has happened since the last windows 10 update, I wonder whether the problem is with Windows rather than the program?

Brian

Hi,

I assume it’s still the same in the Safe Start Mode, right?

Could you try to reinstall Cubase, please? Just in case the Windows update broke Cubase somehow…

Make sure you:

• Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.

Reinstalled as you suggested and no change - still a blank bar after the precount

I did reinstall Cubase 8 and that works perfectly. It’s 9 and 10 which are the problem .

Hi,

OK, you say the same is with Cubase 9. Then still can be a preferences issue.

Open %appData%Steinberg folder. And rename Cubase 9_64 and Cubase 10_64 preferences folder to xCubase 9_64 and xCubase 10_64 (the same, if you have Cubase 10.5), please. Then start Cubase 10 (10.5) again. The preferences will be not inherited from Cubase 9, which might be faulty already.

Thank you - the problem has gone away :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience and perseverance.

Brian