Mic Connection Difficulty

I am using Cubase LE 7 64bit.

I just bought the Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio pack, so I have a Focusrite Solo connected vias USB to my computer. I have a Scarlett Studio CM25 microphone connected via XLR into input 01 on the left. The right input is for guitar. I am only worried about the mic.

I cannot get Cubase to recognize a signal from my mic. I have the device defaulted in sound control, I have setup my device in Cubase (Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System > Selected Focusrite Scarlett ASIO). Maybe my mapping is wrong?? For my VST Connections I have Mono In 1 as a bus name, Audio device is my Focusrite Scarlett ASIO and the Device Port is Input 1.

Is any of this wrong? When I try to record, I can hear my vocals in my headset that is connected to the Focusrite but the vocals do not record in Cubase. I have enabled the “Record enable” and the “Monitor” button next to the Vocals track. Then I record with the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and I get nothing. Just a vertical line that moves to the right… That is it.

Can someone help? Let me know if you need more info. I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

Hello Chad,

Sorry for your difficulty. It sounds like you have the interface pointed to correct ASIO driver. I would check your Devices>VST Connections and make sure the Audio Track you have set to the microphone is set to the correct Analog input in the Track Inspector.

Also if you aren’t seeing signal from the microphone and it’s not recording, please check that you have your +48V Phantom Power turned on if the microphone is a condenser mic. If you have more difficulty I would recommend creating a support case in your MySteinberg account under My Support.

Try this: first, select “vocals” track and from there icon “e”. The vocal setup window will now open. There is “VST dynamics” box on the left side of that window, Now, try shuffle between different modes while testing your mic. “Ballad lead” works fine to me.