Micrologue-Retrologue import: controller movements missing

When I import a Cubasis project into Cubase, it seems that Retrologue (2) does not play back pitch bend/modulation wheel information I recorded with Micrologue.

Any workaround or fix would be welcome.

Hi Jimknopf,

-does not play back pitch bend/modulation wheel information I recorded with Micrologue.
Is there an * behind the pitch bend / modulation parameter inside the Cubase midi editor CC list ?

If there is an * behind pitchbend, the pitchbend data are available, but they moved outside the midi part
and they are placed not on the right project position.

I test it here with the importer 1.9.8, Cubase 8.5, W8 + OSX 10.11.6:

• create new project > midi track and assign micrologue “Analog Keyboard”
  • start recording, press a long note, move Pitchbend Wheel and Modulation Wheel
  • import project into Cubase
    Result : all pitchbend / modulation data available in Cubase and played back as we expected.

We know, there is an midi track condition, where the pitch bend/modulation data are moved on the wrong project position after import to Cubase.

• have you several unglued midi parts on your pitch bend/modulation midi track ?
  • have you several overlaped midi parts on your pitch bend/modulation midi track ?
  • have you muted and unmuted midi parts on your pitch bend/modulation midi track ?

We are searching for this issue to fix it in the next importer.

best greetings
jan

Hi Jan,

I don’t remember the exact details of recording the Micrologue track, but I do remember I had several unglued parts and at least one overlapping part in this track, due to recording an offbeat recording phrase.

Next time I record I will check the details as decribed by you. My Retrologue import didn’t contain any pitchbends any longer.

All the best for finding this nasty little bug! :slight_smile: