Microtonal accidentals collision

Hi,
Im writing a piece using 1/8s of tone. I created my custom accidental set and it work fine, but I have some problem with spacing and collisions. Do you know if there is a way to fix that without move every sngle accident of the piece?
Thankyou in advance!

Here an exemple of the issue
McrtnDorico|690x152

This is something Dorico normally handles very well, so if you could post a small project file that shows these problems, we can diagnose it a lot better.

I have experienced a similar problem with the koron (Persian accidental indicating about a quarter-tone flat). However the sori symbol spaces as expected.

Thanks for the replying!
Here a small cut of my project.

Sorry for using drive, but the file is bigger than 4MB.

I just noticed another issue about microtonal accidents, maybe related to the first one.
How can I manage accidents and brackets notes?
I don’t know why sometimes accidents stay inside the brackets other time outside.
I can fix them one by one manually, but I don’t know if there is some global option that I can deal.

Thank you again :slight_smile:

Slice 40.pdf (20.2 KB)

Can anyone help me? :upside_down_face:

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Thanks for the project, and I found the problem: Your -1/48 symbol starts at x = -8 when it should be x = 0, and there is an invisible second element in it that should be deleted. To fix:

• Edit the -1/48 in your tonality system
  • Click the “Select →” button, and the trash icon to delete the unwanted element
  • With the remaining visible glyph selected, change Offset X to 0

There is a second element in your 3/48 symbol that should be deleted as well. When I make these changes, the accidental spacing looks much improved.

If you find the microtonal naturals don’t “tuck” tightly enough with other accidentals on the same note/harmonic, you can add cut-outs to their NE and SW corners. Open the 0/48 Natural and observe its cut-outs for an example.

Your bracket issue seems beyond my knowledge. (Anyone else?)

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

I fixed the two symbols and I worked with cutouts, now it looks much better.
Anyway, it looks like the new cut-outs doesn’t work with the already written notes, included harmonics. It seems to me that I have to re-input all the accidentals.
It will be a bit boring, but doable, nevertheless, if someone knows a shorter way I’d be very grateful!

At this point I think the bracket issue is not related to this, maybe I could write a new topic.