Microtonal accidentals working incorrectly

Dear all,

I am writing a piece using Persian microtonal accidentals (sori and koron). I have edited the tonality system and defined those accidentals. For some reason, they work just fine in one instrument, but not in another. When I put them into the Santoor staff, they appear as they should. When I attempt to put them into the Oud staff, the program won’t let me. I can still see them in the accidentals panel, but when I try to click on it, it gets instantly replaced with the Western microtonals. Bug, or am I missing something? The atonal key signature has been put in, and the tonality system is 24-EDO, so that can’t be the issue.

Many thanks!

Are you sure that the key signature is defined for both instruments? I mean, if you defined it using alt-enter after the popover, it will be defined for one instrument… That’s the only thing I think about ^^

Thanks for your response, Marc! You see, I tried everything: a global key signature with just the “Enter” key, an individual key signature just for the Oud, an individual key signature for EVERY instrument in the score - nothing helps. I am utterly perplexed. I will try creating a new project and doing it again, but the problem is that the piece required so much fine graphical tweaking that re-making it would take hours. Thanks for trying to help, I very much appreciate that!

Can you zip up the project and attach it here, Konstantin? If you’re not comfortable attaching it here, you can email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de. Please include a link to this thread so I can remember what I’m supposed to be looking out for.

Sure, Daniel.

Look, for example, into bar 52 or mm. 55-56 of Flow 1 (the Oud part).
Nimbostratus, Cumulonimbus.zip (1.65 MB)
Thank you,
Konstantin

There seems to be something odd going on with the oud instrument specifically – as of right this minute I’m not sure what that could be. But you can work around the problem for now by using the Change Instrument feature in Setup mode to substitute the oud for e.g. a violin, and then change its name using the Edit Name dialog. Once I know why the oud in particular has this problem, I’ll let you know!

Thank you so very much, Daniel! I really appreciate your help!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Portions of full score in parts?