MIDEX8 drivers on OSX 10.11

Hi,
there’s any possibility that Steinberg or anybody else release a working driver version for osx 10.11 el capitan? or i’ve to sell my hardware ?
Thank’s!

I think i’ll never bought a steinberg Hardware again, a company that never assists is customers with updated drivers is a company bound to fail

I don’t know anything about OS X, but they did supply updated drivers some time ago, however they are unsupported as the hardware is long obsolete. That said, the Windows drivers still work perfectly on Windows 10, even in 64-bit.

so the hardware is obsolete why work fine windows? Probably Steinberg thinks OS X is obsolete! the update drivers are blocked to 10.9 version

The Windows drivers that were updated for Windows 7 still work with Windows 10. It was Apple who changed the processor they use in their computers, so presumably that’s why the old Mac drivers no longer work.

I contacted Steinberg on this in January and got the following reply

We’re sorry, unfortunately we don’t have any work-around to help you after updating to Mac OS X Yosemite, and I believe that there are no plans for a compatibility driver update.

Gutted, I now have a brick sitting in my rack and no midi outboard :frowning:

It’s such a shame, I have no confidence in buying any Steinberg hardware in the future. We need more users to apply pressure for an update…

-Dave

Well, if it’s any consolation, since my new build I can no longer get the Midex 8 working with the Z170 mainboard. I know it’s not Windows 10 – I’ve had it working on Windows 10 x64 for a while now – and I haven’t finished troubleshooting yet, but it seems to be something to do with the USB controller in the Intel chipset.

If you click the link in my sig it’ll bring you to the “campaign” topic …