MIDI Alt + Drag Bug

The 11.0.20 update has seem to introduce an issue with alt + dragging midi notes to duplicate them. Normally you can left click/hold, alt, and then drag a duplicate of the midi note, but since updating this behavior is really hit and miss and I have to drag the note to a different position before hitting alt for it to 100% create a duplicate. This is a pretty annoying bug and would appreciate if it could be fixed in the next maintenance update!

1 Like

Hi,

This is known and already reported issue. Thank you.

2 Likes

Same here. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. If you find that it doesn’t work as expected, press alt (a scissor tool will appear, ignore) then click on the note and drag it. I find that I am using the normal click/alt and the alt/click about 50/50. And yes, it is a pain in the butt having to constantly be watching out for this erratic behavior. This work around only works in key edit and not drum.

I was still having this problem. The solution makes no sense but works. Instead of using the alt and/or ctr keys on the right side of the keyboard, I now use them on the left side of the keyboard. It works perfectly. This works even for copying and duplicating parts in the main editor. Like I said. Makes no sense, but works.

On a PC keyboard there is no right Alt key. The key is called AltGr and is usually the same as pressing Alt + Ctrl on the left side.

1 Like

I am using a Ligitech keyboard on a PC laptop, and there is an alt key on both sides of the space bar. There is also a Ctrl key on the bottom row, far left and far right. Also there is a shift key second row up far left and right.

Hi,

The key might be named just Alt, but it’s common, it triggers this mentioned specific Ctrl+Alt combination in fact.