Midi automation does not record all modulation information

Midi automation does not record all modulation information

hello everybody!
When recording modulation automation with a controller, the information curves decrease the amount of information, causing some vsti not to work correctly!
how to fix this?
I tested on Cubase 12.0.70
and in Cubase 13.0.40.

Hi,

Switch the Controller Lane to the Step mode from the Ramp mode. The reduction of the MIDI CCs is going to be disabled then.

Do you know is Steinberg is planning on updating the Ramp setting to allow a finer resolution?
As it is now, I believe many users are fooled by the smooth graphics of a drawn ramp and wouldn’t expect it to end up being more “stepped” that the old Step mode. I know I was.
The Ramp mode is an excellent idea that feels more modern and a lot easier to work with but due to the lack of resolution, is unusable in many cases.

Hi,

If anybody knows about Steinberg’s plans, he/she is not allowed to share them publicly. Thank you for understanding.

Oh, I know very well that Steinberg does not divulge anything regarding upcoming releases.
I suppose the question should have been, “Does Steinberg regard this behavior as an issue?”. I know you often let us know by saying “This is a known and reported issue” or similar. So perhaps you know if this is also considered a known and reported issue.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

OK, then I can answer: This is a known issue. :wink:

2 Likes