Midi-->bus-->effects

Hey there.

Can i somehow “BUS” a midi-channel through an effects-channel and put effects on my midi-sound without having to export to wave-file first.

Does anyone know how to do this, then I would really appreciate a description on how to do so. As I am not experineced in “Bussing” too much.

Thank you…

There is no bussing required

You should understand that your midi channel is data only (just notes and velocities etc) which must either be triggering an instrument in the vst instrument rack…or must be an “instrument track” which is a combination of both midi and instrument.

So the midi channel has no audio effects inserts or sends but the instrument output has a channel or channels which has identical features to an audio channel so allowing you to use insert FX or send to FX channels.

So the midi channel has no audio effects inserts or sends but the instrument output has a channel or channels which has identical features to an audio channel so allowing you to use insert FX or send to FX channels.[/quote]

that is great to hear. But how do I do that practically…? That is my next question?

Do you know how to add an insert effect to an audio track?
Do you know how to create an FX track and send to it from an audio track?

If the answer to these is yes…then I don’t know what else you need to know…just do exactly the same to your instrument channels.
You can do this in the inspector or in the mixer

Maybe you need to make instrument channels visible in the mixer…this is all I can think of that you may be missing as it’s otherwise exactly the same as with audio.

If you still can’t work it out, be more specific about what you are doing and where you are getting stuck.

Just to help clarify, are we talking about an external Hardware synth or a software synth?