MIDI Click setup always reverts back to "Not Connected"

Wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. Been using Cubase since VST 5 and am now on Cubase 6 where an annoying bug has popped up.

I still have outboard midi gear and prefer to run my click track through that so it has it’s own channel on my hardware mixer. Anytime I open Cubase, the midi click track that I setup reverts back to “Not Connected” under the MIDI Port / Channel dialogue in the Metronome setup window.

As stated above, I’d really rather not resort to using an “audio click” and this is rather annoying because I am starting/restarting cubase several times in a work day (some of my goto plug-ins don’t always play nice). I’ve tried creating templates, but that doesn’t seem to work either. This has never been a problem in the past 10 years I’ve been using Cubase.

I appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Mac Pro 2x3 GHz dual core Intel Xeon
12GB ram
OSX10.6.8
Cubase 6.0.5
MOTU Midi express XT

I’m sorry but this is a known issue that has been reported to the development team.

My best suggestion as a work around would be to add a MIDI track, create an event with the desired notes for the click, and duplicate them to cover the entire project. As long as this MIDI track is in Musical mode, it will follow any tempo changes you make in the Tempo Track. You can save this with your template so you do not have create it each time. I hope this information is helpful.