MIDI clock synchronization offset possible? Or new feature proposal?

Hello, I am a long-time Cubase user (currently on 11 Pro) with many external synths. I’d like to sync my Roland R-8mkII drum machine, but it locks in a bit behind the actual timing (~9 ms) when using MIDI clock. Is it correct that Cubase does not offer an offset for MIDI clock so it could be sent a bit in advance? Thanks for helping!

1 Like

Hi,

Would the “Track Delay in Milliseconds” parameter work for you?

Unfortunately MIDI clock is port-specific, not track-specific. Track delay will not influence MIDI clock.

Hi,

I mean this one:

Thanks, I know that one. But MIDI clock is not transmitted via a track. It is a global project setting. It is not possible to have a MIDI track influence the global MIDI clock stream. Track delay only affects events on the track.

I got you, now.

Bumping this issue. I’m syncing Dorico to Cubase via TXL MIDI MTC but it’s just a bit off. Surprisingly, Cubase is ahead of Dorico even though Dorico is the master. And I don’t mean VST delay, the internal metronome in Dorico is behind the metronome in Cubase. Very strange and it would be really nice to have the global offset to line them up.