MIDI Controller Bug Quick Controls

Hi there, I’m having some trouble with my Impact LX49 MIDI controller.

I’m trying to map one of my potentiometers to a plugin (soundshifter, semitones param) running on the master bus. When I try the ‘learn’ function, the midi data is recognized, and quick control works, but the thing is - it always defaults to “PAN L-R”, I’m trying to change it to the semitones parameter, but when I do this, my controller doesn’t work anymore. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please, make sure, you are not using the LX49 MIDI Input for any other Remote Device, like Mackie Control, Generic Remote, etc.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks, it isn’t using any other remote device. I think the problem lies with the automatic mapping function that the LX49 has, where it can either prioritize mix window params or soft synth params. I’m looking for a way to overwrite this and map it specifically to a plugin.

Greets.

Hi,

How is this present in Cubase? There must be some component doing this. And this component is in conflict with your Quick Controls settings.

Hi,

Nektar has an integration program that automatically links different parts of the controller to functions in Cubase. This is installed once. I am able to re-link the midi potentiometers in VST Quick Controls, but this does not seem to overwrite or bypass the default links between Cubase and the controller.

Hi,

Then you would need to remove the Nektar component.

Hi,

Nevermind, I’ve found it. With the program mode, presets can be made. By recalling this, the quick controls on tracks can be used.

Thanks for your time!