I’m a new Cubase Artist 10 user, and recently bought an Arturia Keylab 49 to help me with the mixing and monitoring side of things. However, its been problem after problem. I’m gonna try and chunk them through the thread so we can solve in small steps. My initial objectives are:
- To get Cubase to recognise a signal from the controller
2.To play the VSTs in Cubase using the controller ( I can play them with the mouse) and;
3.To be able to assign faders to VST parameters using the L function in Cubase.
So, here’s what I’ve done so far in Arturia:
- In Arturia Midi Centre, I have set up the device as follows:
MIDI Channel: 1
DAW Mode: HUI
DAW Fader Mode: Jump
Keys Velocity Curve: Lin
Pads Velocity Curve: Lin
- All keys and pads are mapped as default.
3.This setting has been copied from the Daw Preset.
To be honest, in Studio setup, I have spent days toggling between Generic Remote and Mackie HUI, maybe I’ve set too many profiles. I noticed that after deleting the Generic Remote and then loading it back up again, it reappears with the same old settings. I mention this in case there is a cache somewhere that I’ve overloaded with too many versions of Generic Remote and Mackie HUI.
Anyways, in Cubase Studio Setup, I have selected:
- MIDI Port Setup IN-> MIDIIN2 ( Arturia …) Visible but NOT in all MIDI
OUT->MIDIOUT2 ( Arturia…) Visible and inactive
- Remote Devices: Mackie HUI
MIDI INPUT: MIDIIN2 ( Arturia …)
MIDI OUTPUT: Not Connected
- No MIDI signal coming through from the unit
- From reviewing the Cubase MIDI Activity Monitor visual on the bottom left of my screen, I used to see a lot of back and forth between Cubase and the unit, but that’s when MIDI Output in the HUI interface was set to MIDIOUT2 ( Arturia…) Visible and inactive. What and why is that?
- No incoming signal from unit (it worked for a bit over the weekend, so I know its not a faulty unit)
- Cant play VSTs using the unit ( part 2) )
- Quick actions just aren’t working. ( part3 )
All help with be much appreciated -I’m not really a techy person, and I prefer to spend time composing, so this has been both under- and overwhelming for me ( A whole weekend gone)