Lately I have encountered a phenomenon with C7 and 7.5: I record the MIDI track, stop, back up a little bit, punch in and continue recording, stop, back up a little bit, punch in again and continue recording … if that third piece has a mistake, I stop and hit DEL - only to discover that the first part I recorded gets erased along with it. All that remains is the second snippet I recorded.
Previous versions from C6 back didn’t have this problem. Although I have experimented with the MIDI Cycle Recording settings, I have yet to find a solution.
I’m sure that there is a setting I have overlooked - I cannot believe that Steinberg would engineer such a glitch into what is otherwise the finest software I have been privileged to use. So once again I throw the floor open to the Cubase Army for suggestions that might fix this annoying problem. Thanks!