MIDI Device bank and program changes issue

Hi there :sunglasses:!

I have an old Korg T2 that I would like to use as an external instrument in Cubase. I also have a Roland JV1080 running this way.

In the inspector, I can choose the sound I want from the JV1080, but this is not the case with the Korg T2.

I have set up a MIDI device T1 in the device manager in Cubase to control the T2, because I know that these two models have the same sounds. The external instrument is receiving and sending notes, poly, aftertouch, active sensing… everything except program and bank changes.

Why does the JV1080 receive program and bank changes and the T2 doesn’t, if they are both configured the same? What could be the issue here?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Hi :slight_smile: I don’t have Korg T1 or T2 But You must download the PDF Manual from Korg website to check the program change numbers + make sure Program change + Bank change are enabled in the global settings.

1 Like

Hi @ANAFREE thanks for your answer :sunglasses::+1:t2:!

I’ve downloaded the T2 manual as you suggested. It seems that it could have the program and bank changes disabled in the global settings, I’ve to check it. It will be very difficult to check because of the backlite screen, that is practically unusable, but I’ll try.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Just to put it simply: THANKS :smiley:!!!

Few days ago I had to change the battery and load the sounds config, probably the factory settings have program changes disabled and I ovelooked to check it :man_facepalming:t2:.

I really don’t get the point on why KORG disabled the program changes setting by default, but is the case with the T2.

Thanks again @ANAFREE :sunglasses::+1:t2:.

Kind regards.

1 Like

You’re welcome Albridi :slight_smile: Glad you have resolved it
Korg T2 is a great keyboard, Keep it :+1:

1 Like