Midi Device Panel Help

Hi,

Ive been building some device panels for my hardware over the last 3 days… Its been great, straightforward to build and means no more menu diving in devices like my little phatty for parameters that arent built as controls on the device (filter poles, alt mod sources and destinations etc)…

Now im building one for the DSI prophet 08… The synth uses midi cc and NPRNs, ive had no problem as before using the midi cc’s to control all the parameters midi cc’s are assigned too, but the amount of controls assigned to these cc’s as compared to the NPRNs is limited on the prophet…

Cubase does receive the NPRN data and convert it too a series of midi cc messages, NPRN LSB and NPRN MSB… aswell as Data entry MSB and Data entry MSB… using a combination of these 4 cc parameters it is possible to control the NPRN parameter assigned to the control…

What i cant work out is how to assign multiple midi cc messages to one parameter on the midi device panel… for instance i want to make a button to control the filter pole select… i have looked in the midi monitor and know i need to send (dont quote me im not looking at the sequencer atm, but something very close to) midi cc 98 >0, midi cc 99>19, midi cc 6 >0 and midi cc 38 > 1 for 4 poles and 0 for 2poles…

so the button needs to control midi cc38, sending a min value 0 and max 1, which is no problem, same as i have been doing but along with that message needs to be sent cc98>0, cc99>19, cc6>0… surely there must be a way i can send those other cc messages as a constant from the one button press… i just cant see a way to assign more parameters to the one variable…

It must be possible to do this… there is an NPRN + 14 bit control message you can send but i cant find any guides onto how to assign it to the correct NPRN channel…

Any help with either solving this via sending multiple cc values or correctly configuring the NPRN message would be really appreciated… and if anyone wants the panels just ask and i can link them… ive done Little Phatty, Octatrack and mbase 11 atm…

any ideas…?

Figured it out… Worked out how to use the NPRN command send properly…

Any chance you could share the Prophet MIDI device you’ve made?

I would be interested in the Little Phatty device panel! :slight_smile: Is it available for download somewhere?