MIDI Drum Files Play Slow (+/- 1/4 note latency)

I haven’t worked with my MIDI drum files in years but want to redo some for I like to craft them. The only map I have is the basic Microsoft GS Wavesynth. I have the original audio all-in-one version/recording of one stacked right under them and the MIDI Drum map “diamonds” line up perfectly with the audio waveforms. But as the subject line states, there is a lag of about 1/4 note between them – the MIDI file/s plays late.

This is driving me nuts for I’ve worked really hard to resurrect these files.
Hopefully a simple solution is at hand…

Thanks.

Just to see what would happen, I copied one of those files into the EZDrummer track and while the kit doesn’t sound like I want it to – there the MIDI file does not have the lag. It plays as it should…

That´s one of the reasons why almost noone uses the MS Wavetable synth…

Thanks for reply. Now that I think of it, I created those files long ago using Creative’ Lab’s Soundblaster GM sound fonts that came with their audio card for my old computer back then , not the Microsoft none. Then it just hit me now–maybe I even used the drum kits in my Korg Trinity. Now if I can just find those MIDI cables… :slight_smile:

Of course there are - even included with Cubase…

We must have been writing at the same time for I edited what you quoted. Yes, it would seem logical that Cubase would include something – its drum map editor comes up when I click the MIDI file in the track. But I still have to assign a soundfont or something so the notes play. I don’t see anything like that in Cubase. The only one that produces any sound is the MS one – albeit with lag, so not much use to me.

I don’t know what version of Cubase you have, but it should have HalionOne or HalionSonic SE, both of which have a GM bank.
Press F11, find it in the dropdown menu, then go to your midi track and set the output to Halion.