midi editor crashes my c7.5.. anybody else have this ?

Hi !
scenario.:
audio turned off exept one track (vox) no plugins … no sends just one dry track and a midi track … driving a hal sonic se … piano…i want to transcribe the audio to midi and later print out the scoe…
ok … i am in cycle mode in the list editer and flick to the score edit window ctr, R .
after a few passes or about three to five mins … the curser will wipe out the grid leaveng only the note names …
at this point i can exit , save and try again … upon the retry cubase hangs , freezes or sends my windows into a reboot…

i have tried .:
setting my prefs for appearance to defaul
setting all visuals to default
setting windows advanced settings for graffix to … "set for optimal performance
set my monitors to refresh at 60hrz (before they where 75 hrz)

no crash in audio editing … i also made a new project and opened an empty template … got a midi track going and drew in the notes … after ten mins . the same again …

can anyone help on this …
and please only answer if you have any info on this subject no smart ass cracks or dumb ass remarks …
thank you in advance
Tony…

Unroute the MIDI ch from the VST. Same behavior? If yes, try trashing your prefs. If no, there is a problem with the VST. Which is Halion? Maybe try an uninstall and reinstall?

Cheers.

thanks i will try both in the morning …
cheers Jeff

nope !
still happens
i used another vst synth retrolog thingy and others … i was working well then it happened again … i exit the editor and the next mouse click i get a system reboot …
wtf … this is scary …
i have finished my album and just want to get the scores printed for the publishing and the Gema/prs stuff …
this is annoying to say the least …