MIDI Entry for Drumset

My MIDI keyboard entry works perfectly for my piano staff. However, for my Drumset staff, MIDI keyboard entry does nothing. If it matters, I’m on Dorico 3.5. Any advice?

We’ll need a bit more information to be able to help you. Are you using the default drum set percussion kit instrument, and are you using the default HALion Sonic SE sounds? Are you using the default playback template? If the answer to all of the above is “yes”, then MIDI input onto the kit should be working fine – you should review the settings on the Note input and editing page of Preferences and make sure you know whether you’re expected to input notes according to their staff position (and if so, relative to which clef), or according to the pitches in the General MIDI percussion map.

If the answer to any of the above is “no”, then we’re going to need more information to be able to try to help you.

1 Like

I am using the Drumkit (Full) instrument with the default drum set [GM 129] Stereo GM sounds. I am using the default playback template.

Ah yep, I didn’t have it set to Use Percussion Map as I just reinstalled Dorico recently after resetting my computer. Thanks so much!