I use cubase pro 8.0.40 (last update) with a mac - Sierra 10.12.3
I export tons of midi files and then import them again to new projects or to a different app -
and usually it goes perfect with the tempo track and the included data.
For some reason, I’m having a problem with some projects - the midi exports doesn’t include the tempo.
Not the fixed tempo, nor tempo track with or without changes (when I import to a new project it’s always loading it with default of 120 bpm, regardless of what was there in the export)…
All export and import preferences are exactly the same, as well as project setup.
I also tried importing these specific midi files to a new project, changing the tempo manually and then exporting again - same result when I import it back to a new project - 120bpm.
The only thing that sort of worked there was importing a “good” midi file (a one that cubase is reading its tempo), and then copying the midi I wanted into this track and exporting.
But when I tried to change it to another fixed tempo it didn’t work again
Again - 90% of my Midi files are imported correctly, and I can’t point at something I did different in those projects. Feels like a bug to me, but I want to make sure I don’t miss anything here…