Midi filter

I’ve been a cubase user for many years, but new to Cubasis on ios.

It seems that Cubasis is missing the midi filter function.
This has been a problem for me when I import midi files from the internet into cubasis for sequencing purposes, which is something I enjoy doing.
Every time I play the track, the instruments reset to whatever the original program was set for, not what I’ve changed it to. Every single time…it’s maddening.
Only a few ios sound generators, like the Korg iM1, have specific midi filters that I can activate - most don’t. (.e.g. Sunrizer, Poison 202)

What is the work around for this? Can we get this feature, please?

Hi tfiala,

Every time I play the track, the instruments reset to whatever the original program was set for, not what I’ve changed it to.

You mean program changes ?

Have you check the CC data inside the Midi Editor ?

best
Jan

Yes - exactly. Program changes.
There is no midi data showing on each track, prior to beat 1 of the beginning of the track…so I don’t know how to access the program change stuff in Cubasis, although I could in Cubase or Logic.
Perhaps I’m not displaying it correctly? What do you suggest?

I have looked in the midi editor, searching for cc data prior to bar 1… but see none.
What am I missing here?

Hi tfiala,

Having opened the MIDI event in the MIDI editor, please tap the lower zone to extend the section which holds and controls the MIDI parameters.
There you will find the list of available MIDI CC parameters to the left. Please choose an entry from the list, to check for or add existing parameters.

Please find more details in the Editors/Key Editor chapter of the Cubasis in-app help.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi tfiala,

If you have program changes in your midi track, there is a star on the left side of the parameter list above the program change parameter.
All parameters containing active parameter values are marked with an asterisk in the parameter list. In addition, a blue line should be visible in the CC editor for program changes. To stop sending program changes, you have to delete all program values until the blue line disappears. Most of the time a program change value sits directly on the 1 beat.

best
jan

Thanks, I’ll try those suggestions.
Please consider a midi filter for the next round of updates.