MIDI In on instrument or MIDI track

I’m wondering about the MIDI In on instrument and/or MIDI tracks. My issue is when I open up Zebra2 and try to use the XY controls via Lemur on an iPad, in order to get them to react I need to “learn” the MIDI CCs each time I open Cubase.

However, if I load Zebra2 in Logic or Plogue Bidule (and I think VE Pro), they work from the get-go without the need to “learn” the proper MIDI CCs. In Bidule, I had to connect the Bidule MIDI port coming from Cubase and the Lemur daemon to Zebra2 for this to work.

Now, when I go into Cubase and go to the “MIDI Port Setup”, it shows that the Lemur daemon is checked in the “ALL MIDI In” box (and is my MIDI input for the tracks I’m trying to work with is set to All MIDI In). So I can’t figure out how to make this work like I’m hoping it would.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thats odd! I can load Zebra 2 in Cubase and my XY pads are still set correctly from Lemur (tested just now and it works fine). I’m running Zebra 2.7.1 Rev 3437 if that matters at all and Cubase 8.0.20. I know this doesn’t solve your problem, but perhaps reinstalling the plugin might work?

I figured it out, dude. I needed to reassign the midi CCs for the xy controls and then they stuck.