Midi in with filters please

Hi Michael,
it would be very nice to switch the aftertouch on or off in midi in (midi filter), not only after touch. :wink:
BR
Alex

What are you missing from Layer/Controller Map?

I use 2 sounds in one part.
Solo sound with aftertouch (modulation effect). A#3 C7
String sound A-1 A3
If I play the strings too hard, the aftertouch is activated in the solo sound even if I have after touch off in the controller map.
BR

…of the Layer in question? You realize that each Layer has its own Controller Map, right?

Yes.
i don’t want that my masterkeyboard send aftertouch to the solo sound through the layer strings.
This is the case

Ok. But how do you try to acheive that?

midi filter in zones to block incoming data.

Please, describe what you do. Do you have 2 Layers? In the same part, different Parts, different Songs?
describe like so:

• new project
  • add layer
  • open Layer/Layer Controller Map
    … etc. I have no clue what you are doing or if you understood that each Layer has its own Controller Map.

Trying again: a Part holds Layers. Zones contain Layers of a Part. Each Zone represents a Layer. And each Layer has its own Controller Map. So if you have 2 Zones inside one Part, and you want the upper Zone (say, “Layer 2”) to block aftertouch, make sure Layer 2 is selected and in Layer/layer Controller Map, block aftertouch. Does that make more sense?

Hi,
I have prepared something.
Point 1: Aftertouch
Part 1 : A layer with a solo sound with aftertouch effect. Split from A3 upwards.
I play the note a4 and press harder, then the aftertouch is activated, tip top like this

I play the note a4 softer (without aftertouch), and play the note a2 (no sound because split) and press harder. Then I hear the aftertouch effect of the a4 note.
I do not want that.

Point 2: Midi file
Have a look at the one from bar 305 on…???

BR
Alex
aftertouch test.zip (135.7 KB)

@kyru do you mean that, even though you created a split and the notes below A3 don’t play the solo sound, the notes below A3 are triggering after touch of that solo sound? And you don’t expect it to act like that?

The note is not played under A3, but the aftertouch is. And I don’t want that because I have another sound (strings) up to a3. But if I play it too hard, the aftertouch is activated in the solo sound.
BR
Alex

You are both correct and not :slight_smile:

Aftertouch is created by the keyboard, when you press one or several keys downwards. There is one (!) sensor under the keyboard, which senses this pressure, and sends that information via MIDI.

This means, there is no assignement of that information to the notes currently held. For that, Polyphonic Key Pressure (MIDI status 0xa0) has been established, and for that, a Layer should filter by split zone (will fix). But for the common After Touch (0xd0), there is no way to associate it to specific notes (as given by a zone range).

1 Like

ok, i wait for aftertouch fix.
have you alreadysolved the problem with the midi !
BR
Alex

There is no fix, see explanation. Only Polyphonic Key Pressure will be fixed, but that is rarely used at all.

“the problem”?

Point 2: Midi file
Have a look at the one from bar 305 on…???

BR
Alex
aftertouch test.zip (135.7 KB)

see older post

Thanks. There are about 3000 older posts.