Midi Input Devices

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but on future updates can you change the following behaviour?:

If a midi device is not turned on when Dorico is running, Dorico will not recognise it when you do turn it on - it will not show as a device in Preferences/Play/Recording/Midi Input devices. You have to start Dorico again. This is a nuisance.

Thanks.

It’s already been mentioned in that the pinned FAQ thread explicitly states that you must have MIDI devices connected and turned on before you start Dorico…

Ah, thanks Pianoleo… It is still a request though ! - this functions perfectly well in other programs.

We would like to add this, but it’s something that requires a bit more work in the audio engine that Dorico shares with Cubase before it can be supported in Dorico. I expect it will come in the future, but I’m not sure when.

Thanks Daniel. I spend very little time on forums, but now that I’m here I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you and your team for all the care and attention you have put into Dorico. What started just recently as a seed has already transformed into a lovely fertile garden… long may it flourish! A lovely example of craftsmanship and excellence.

You’re very welcome. I"m glad you’re enjoying the program. We tend the garden to the best of our abilities.