Midi Input Transformer help!

Hey everyone,

I was having a tough time figuring out an input transformer script for the past week and will be great if anyone here could guide me a little. I want to write a transformer operator like -

When CC0’s value is anywhere between 0-127, the values of CC1 to CC8 should come down to 0.
When CC1’s value is anywhere between 0-127, the values of CC0 and CC2 to CC8 should come down to 0.
When CC2’s value is anywhere between 0-127, the values of CC0, CC1 and CC3 to CC8 should come down to 0 and so on…

Basically from CC0 to CC8, if one of them is sending values, rest of the CC’s values slam down to 0.

I have chosen the local input transformer and have tried everything that felt logical but just cant get it to work.
There is too little about Input Transformer in the Cubase manual, or online generally. Tried to study and understand the presets in the input transformer. But still nothing.

Will be really appreciated if anyone can help me out here.

Thank you!

Hi,

I’m afraid this is too complex for Input Transformer. You can’t make multiple Actions for one condition. If I set the Action as:
Value 1 | Set to fixed value | 1
Value 2 | Set to fixed value | 0
Value 1 | Set to fixed value | 2
Value 2 | Set to fixed value | 0

Only CC2 has been sent out.

The free Bome Midi Transformer Classic can do this, I think. MIDI Translator Classic | Bome Software

Hey Martin, thanks for letting me know. Saved me from unnecessarily wasting time on the Input Transformer anymore. Really difficult to figure out what the limitations are.
If simply put, what I wanted was a monophonic CC, like monophonic setting on keyboards and patches to play notes. where only one Note number gets output at a time. And the previous note goes zero automatically when the next note is played. I wanted the same thing but with CCs.

Thanks for pointing me to that Steve. Looks interesting. Will definitely try if there is a free version available.

But coming back to Cubase and the idea of monophonic CCs what will happen if I limit the midi tracks voicings to monophony (if this is possible?) and convert the notes to CC? Will the ‘Others Off when one is On’ property of monophonic note input get applied to the converted CCs?

Thanks so much for the help guys!