MIDI inputs will not make any sound

Hey,
I’ve tried almost everything to try and fix this issue, but so far nothing has worked.

So a while ago, my Cubase AI projects were working just fine and everything was normal, until I bought a Roli Lightpad Block that came with Ableton Live Lite. Ever since I’ve downloaded Ableton Live Lite, no inputs in Cubase make any sound in the instrument or MIDI tracks, and I cannot record either.
I have a Yamaha MX-49 along with the Lightpad block, and they both do not work. Before downloading Ableton I experimented with the Lightblock in Cubase and everything was fine. I’ve tried enabling MIDI Thru and checking all boxes in the MIDI Filter Record section, but to no prevail. I honestly have no clue about what to do next.

The meter at the lower right hand corner displays that a MIDI signal is coming through, but the meter next to the track does not show anything.

Hi and welcome,

Double check Preferences > MIDI > MIDI Filter, please. Make sure Note On is not filtered out.

Also double check Studio > Studio Setup, make sure, there is no any Remote Device involved, or all Remote Devices (even Quick Controls) MIDI Inputs are set to Not Connected, please.