MIDI Instrument Setup for VST Connect

Okay, that made the Meters happy. But I still don’t have ANYTHING in the headphones. I’ve checked the phones by going to YouTube and the sound is on and working just fine. So I’ve clearly still got some kind of routing issue.

I’m also a little confused as to why I have to touch the keyboard to activate the MIDI light. I recorded a part. That MIDI track will trigger the patch in the keyboard (which, like the analog track I still can’t hear). So, why doesn’t that action activate the MIDI light? Is is only one direction?

GOT IT! The onboard generic drivers appear to have been the road block. I downloaded an ASIO driver and switched out the the Windows Realtek one. Now it works.

I can play into VST Connect Pro via MIDI, assign that to a VSTi and monitor the audio out of my keyboard with the VSTi patch.
The analog audio recording I made also plays back clearly.
So now, I think it might be safe to try a session with an actual remote talent performance. If that goes well, I’ll be ready to try the ADR config,

Thanks

Good to hear that you made it. Seems weird though that there are problems with the Generic Low Latency Driver - that’s the one you used, right?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s all there was. A friend suggested switching to the ASIO driver because it would have mimicked a "Real Audio Interface. "

That’s the ONLY change I made and now it’s pretty much working. So…